Is this really where you want to be?
Are you a parent, or want to be? Do you want to read something and say ‘I’ve totally been there’ or ‘Dear lord (or the deity of your choice), please let THAT never happen to me!’ If you are currently pregnant, or want to be, do you want to go into parenting with your eyes wide open and find out the stuff that isn’t talked about in polite conversation.
- Have you ever seen the commercial for Passages, Malibu (the rehab to the stars) and thought “wow, that looks so relaxing!”
- Have you ever left the pediatricians office/an important meeting/parent teachers conference only to realize you only have make-up on one eye?
- Have you gone out for the day in mismatched shoes, or forgotten shoes all together?
- Do you ever feel like everyone else has got it together, when you are about 3 seconds away from completely coming unglued?
- Have you ever ditched a full grocery cart in an aisle (the day before Thanksgiving), because of a tantrum that was so epic you couldn’t shop?
- Has a major appliance ever crapped out on you (in my case the washing machine), the day before you are having people over for dinner?
- Have you ever watched in horrified slow motion as your toddler drops your engagement ring into the toilet?
- On a night out with your love, have you ever spent the first five minutes of the car ride purging all of the profane lanmonths from your system at the top of your lungs?
I am learning that no matter how hard you try, you will never be the perfect mommy. Finding a place to connect and feel normal, or at least better about yourself is the key to my sanity…..well, I suppose sanity is a relative term, I guess I should say that it is the key to me not being institutionalized.