And other lies
People are well meaning, but they lie. We all do it, mostly because the truth is too uncomfortable and awkward, and sometimes you have to say SOMETHING because not saying anything would be just as awkward. Sometimes we know the person is lying, but sometimes we accept the lie as truth because the actual truth is something we don’t want to believe anyway.
Here are a few categorized ones that I have been told.
- I can’t even tell you are pregnant from the back!
- What? Your ankles don’t look swollen at all!
- You’re so cute! It’s like you have a basketball under your shirt! You haven’t gained weight anywhere else!
Right after having the baby:
- Wow! YOU had a baby! I can’t even tell!
- Oh, that weight will come right off!
- Don’t worry! He/she will sleep through the night at three months.
- I can’t tell you haven’t lost all your baby weight!
- Those tantrums will end when they hit three.
- Kids nap until kindergarten.
- You don’t look old enough to have kids that old!
- You’re house isn’t messy at all!
- You’re kids are so well behaved!